Jim works hard to give his clients the high level of service that they expect and deserve.
Jim represents clients in business and corporate matters, with a special focus on tax. He also represents nonprofits and charities in a variety of matters.
Jim’s tax work includes an emphasis on tax planning, IRS audits and collections. Jim spent years working as an attorney for the Internal Revenue Service, Office of Chief Counsel. This experience enables him to advise clients on all levels of contact with the IRS, including appeals and Tax Court matters.
Jim has a Master of Laws Degree in Taxation. On multiple occasions, Jim was recognized as the Top Tax Attorney by Main Line Today.
Another focus of Jim’s practice is business transactions and corporate law. He works closely with entrepreneurs and is a trusted advisor to owners of businesses of all sizes. Jim is the son of a second generation family business owner, and lived the ups and downs of business and partnerships. He calls on this experience in advising his clients about practical solutions to their business challenges and legal problems.
Before co-founding Clarion Law, Jim was a partner at the largest Chester County-based law firm, having worked there for 11 years. Jim lives in the Borough of West Chester, PA with his wife and children.
Contact Jim today
- Represented international manufacturing company in asset sale to publicly traded buyer
- Advised start-up distiller in private placement of exempt securities
- Represented successful machinist firm in sale of assets to strategic buyer
- Regularly advise multi-national manufacturing companies in establishment of IC-DISC as a tax planning mechanism
- Represented local non-profit company in strategic merger with larger regional non-profit
- Represented environmental manufacturing company with private placement of convertible bridge loan financing
- Counsel to tenant in $4,000,000 acquisition of leased property
- Advised non-profit board in corporate governance issues concerning officer responsibilities and self-dealing
- Represented educational non-profit before IRS in audit of Form 990 and review of tax-exempt bond funds
- Represented agriculture firm in wind-down and IRS trust fund recovery penalty issues, including appeals and refund claims