Duie is dedicated to outstanding client service, with an emphasis on clarity and a practical approach to what his clients want.
Duie represents clients in business and real estate transactions and corporate matters, with a focus on privately held and family businesses. He also represents nonprofits, charities, and foundations with startup and other matters.
In 2014 – 2016, Duie was one of only two lawyers in Pennsylvania selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers–Rising Stars in the practice area of Closely Held Business. He has firsthand experience with multi-generational business planning and other issues distinct to family-owned businesses.
Duie also serves on the Board of Directors of A. Duie Pyle, Inc., a 4th generation, 90+ year old family business. A. Duie Pyle is a 2700+ employee transportation and distribution company that provides trucking, warehouse, and other supply chain services through its system of 30+ locations throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic.
Duie’s family business experience allows him to advise business clients on the complex intersection of legal, business, and ownership issues that they face. Clients appreciate that Duie gives legal advice from the vantage point of a business owner instead of just the perspective of an attorney.
Before co-founding Clarion Law, Duie was a partner at the largest law firm based in Chester County, Pennsylvania, having worked there over 10 years. Duie lives in West Chester, PA with his family.
Duie’s volunteer work has included serving as:
- Seller’s counsel to a private manufacturing company in a multi-million dollar asset sale to a publicly traded strategic buyer
- Represented a consulting company in its purchase of an office building and its subsequent construction financing and construction agreements
- Prepared a shareholders and buy-sell agreement for a closely-held business in the environmental industry
- Represented the seller of an industrial building in Chester County, Pennsylvania, including preparation of seller finance documents
- Advised a minority shareholder in the sale of its shares of a private company to an international buyer
- Corporate formation and startup for a new division of a company in the auto industry
- Negotiated an office lease for a startup company
- Counsel to a family business in a comprehensive corporate reorganization to implement its multi-generational plan for corporate governance, gifting, and succession
- Buyer’s counsel for the purchase of the assets of a central Pennsylvania-based office furniture moving and storage business
- Seller’s counsel to a technology company in an acqui-hire transaction
- Villanova University School of Law
- Grove City College, Philosophy
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
Special Challenges for Board Oversight of Family Businesses, The Legal Intelligencer, March 24, 2015.